Now that we have the basics covered, with the information we shared with you on Web 3.0, Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies, as well as NFTs and Play to Earn, you are ready to start your real immersion in the crypto world, and to start you’ll need to acquire some cryptocurrencies.
Dealing with cryptocurrencies is not that different from dealing with real-life money, though the whole process may sound a bit daunting at first, especially if you are new to this universe.
No worries, we got you covered, and we’ll explain the basics of crypto wallets, what is MetaMask and how to use it.
Surely in your daily life, you deal with money: you receive it, you send it to other people, you use it to pay for stuff and you must store it somewhere safe and that only you have control of — well, the same principles apply to cryptocurrencies.
A crypto wallet is a program, software, or system that enables the storage of private and public keys, which in their turn allow you to send, receive and monitor your cryptocurrencies.
It’s pretty similar to a credit card: you have your IBAN which is like the public key that you may send others so they transfer money to you, and then you have your credit card number, similar to your private key, which only you know, and allows you to make payments and check your balance.
There are different types of crypto wallets, and one of the most popular and secure is MetaMask, trusted by over 21 million users worldwide.
This app/ browser extension acts as an intermediary between you and the website you are doing the purchase/sale of a cryptocurrency or token, making the process a lot easy.
The main advantages of MetaMask:
- It’s free!
- It never stores your keys on their servers, so it can be considered an offline software wallet, which is super safe.
- The fees of buying, selling, and trading are very low.
- It’s possible to create multiple wallets and easily switch between them.
- You can import your other wallets to your MetaMask wallet.
- It is possible to access different networks.
So know that you know what a MetaMask is, let’s get to the fun part: create your account and set it up so you can buy some $MSU.
2. You’ll need to select your preferred browser (if you’re installing the extension on your computer).
3. Once the MetaMask extension has been added to your browser you can open it and choose “Get Started”. You will be given two options, “Import Wallet” or “Create a Wallet”. As this is the first time you’re creating a wallet you will need to select “Create a Wallet”.
4. Now it’s time to create a password. It’s important that you choose a secure password to protect your information and assets.
5. You’ll be given a secret recovery phrase — make sure you store it in the safest place possible and don’t share it with anyone; you’ll need it to have access to your wallet if your device crashes or your browser resets, and there is no way to recover it. Once your Recovery Phrase is stored safely, you can go to “Next”.
6. Finally, you’ll be asked to confirm your Secret Recovery Phrase, to ensure that you stored it correctly.
Now that you have your wallet all set, you’ll need to connect it to the Polygon Network in order to buy $MSU, which is very simple as well.
1. Click on the top right side of the screen where it says “Ethereum Mainnet” and right away click on “Add Network”
2. You’ll need to fill all the fields with the following information:
Network Name: Polygon
New RPC URL: https://polygon-rpc.com
Chain ID: 137
Current Symbol: MATIC
Block Explorer URL: https://polygonscan.com/
When it’s done, click on “Save”
And there you have it! Not as much of a brain killer as you were expecting right?
Next, we’ll show you how to buy $MSU on our website and other exchanges, such as SushiSwap or Gate.io — we promise it’s not that complicated