Youth Scouts: All About MetaSoccer Scouting
Youth scouts can be perceived as the entry point into the soccer metaverse as these are the NFTs that allow participants to start building a team. The main role of a youth scout is to do scoutings — finding new players to join your team.
Each youth scout has a distinct set of characteristics that makes them unique.
Four main categories of features define a youth scout, with some subdivisions:
The personal characteristics of a scout, namely:
- Age: Betwen 25 and 65.
- Club: Defined by the owner.
- Mentorships completed: The number of other youth scouts found and trained.
The expertise of a youth scout has a great influence on the type of players discovered, as each scout specializes in a particular position or role.
Expertise encompasses three features:
- Role: The position on the field in which play the players are found — goalkeeper, defender, midfielder or forward.
- Specific Role: The exact position of a player on the field. There are 17 different specific roles. Not all scouts have a specific role, but if they do, they’ll find players of that same specific role every time they go scouting.
- Player Special Abilities: A characteristic(s) not found in all youth scouts. The ones who do possess these are capable of finding players with the special abilities they’re experts in.
Scout Special Abilities
Youth scouts can have their own special abilities — though this is not a characteristic that all of them possess. The special abilities improve their actions in many different ways:
- Motivational leader: The scouts that work with him improve at a faster pace.
- Extra motivated: Scouts improve their skills more during the learning process.
- Mentoring star: The mentoring of a new youth scout is faster.
- Master of relations: The scouting process is faster.
- Youth specialist: They are more likely to find younger players.
- Scouting expert: The expert is more likely to find players with special abilities.
- Developed players: They are able to find players who have a higher overall.
Each youth scout has a certain degree of knowledge in these areas: Defending, Attacking, Goalkeeping, Physical and Mental.
Their knowledge skills of each have a value between 1-99 and is intrinsically related to their role. This means that, for example, a youth scout whose role is defender will have higher defending knowledge than attacking, for example.
Inside the general category of knowledge are two subcategories:
- Overall Knowledge: Obtained through a formula, it takes into account the youth scout’s four main knowledge levels. There are six levels of overall knowledge:
- 40 - 49
- 50 - 59
- 60 - 69
- 70 - 79
- 80 - 89
- 90 - 99
The overall knowledge of a youth scout impacts the cost of their scouting, as well as the quality of players they manage to find.
- Learning: The knowledge skill of a scout can always be improved. Each time they do a scouting, their specific knowledge of each area will increase, as well as their overall knowledge.Getting to know all the details about your scouts is the first step to be successful at MetaSoccer — they are a crucial part of the game and will help you win matches and make money!